Recipients must be enrolled at an institution that provides an educational program that is acceptable for full credit towards a bachelor’s or higher degree, or offers a program of training to prepare students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.
Once a student has enrolled at an institution of higher education, the student will receive a bill for the current semester’s expenses (Bursar’s Statement). Ellis County Syndicate must have a receipt of enrollment, which lists all charges incurred by the student. The receipt must have a balance due. The following are the steps each scholarship recipient MUST follow in order to redeem scholarship funds:
NOTE: The following steps must be followed EACH SEMESTER until your scholarship money has been depleted
- Obtain the Institution’s Billing Statement (Bursar’s Statement) in your name. Make sure the Billing Statement has your name, your Student Identification Number, and the Educational Institution’s name and address
- Obtain a copy of Scholarship Donor Instructions and, or Form from the institution (samples below)
- Obtain a copy of the current semester’s class schedule
- Obtain a copy of your grades
- Mail the above along with Date of Birth AND a completed Institution Donor Form (see sample below) to the Ellis County Syndicate (address above).