The Ellis County Youth Expo, through its fundraising activities awards nine $500.00 scholarships to the Grand Champion in each Division. These scholarships will be limited to a “one time per exhibitor per division” opportunity. Meaning an exhibitor cannot be awarded a repeat scholarship in a subsequent year. However, an exhibitor that has won a given divisional scholarship (Steer) is eligible in any other division (Swine).
Divisions: Market Steer, Market Swine, Market Broilers, Market Rabbits, Market Goat, Market Lamb,
Breeding Rabbit, Breeding Heifer and Ag Mechanics, Creative Arts is excluded.
For those familiar with the San Antonio Live Stock Show Champion Scholarship awards, this is intended to be similar. In subsequent years where a repeat champion occurs, the scholarship will be awarded to the reserve, and if that exhibitor has won, the judge will be asked to select from the other exhibitors in the grand drive for a third, fourth… until the award can be made.
In the event that the scholarship amount is ever increased, a repeat exhibitor will be eligible for the difference in amount. Example, in 2017 funds allow the amount to be increased to 1000.00. And we have the repeat winner, the Grand would be allotted 500.00 of that 1000.00 and the remainder would be passed down to Reserve etc…
• Student must maintain a GPA of 2.5.
• It is the scholarship recipient’s responsibility to provide the items listed above at the beginning of each semester to receive funding.
• The Ellis County Youth Expo will not issue a check in the name of the student.
• The Ellis County Youth Expo will only mail and issue checks to the University’s Billing Office.
• The Ellis County Youth Expo will only mail and issue a check one time per semester.
• The Ellis County Youth Expo will not issue a check for more than the amount of your Billing Statement.
• All scholarship funds must be requested BEFORE the 2nd Fall semester following the recipients graduation.
• All scholarship funds, which are not requested and depleted, will be forfeited. All forfeited funds shall be paid into the general scholarship fund.