APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MAY 1, 2021.
Mailed applications must be postmarked on or before the deadline. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com, it must be received on or before the deadline – A delivery receipt is recommended.
Each Year the Ellis County Youth Expo commits funding for scholarships for graduating seniors.
The following criteria must be met for a student to apply for the scholarship
- Must be a graduating senior who is a member of a 4-H club or FFA chapter within Ellis County at the time of application
- Must exhibit at least 2 years in the Ellis County Youth Expo (can include current year)
- Must submit all 3 parts of the required application at one time by the deadline
- Scholarship money will be awarded when the student is enrolled in college and a copy of the tuition bill is submitted to the committee
- Scholarships must be used in the year following graduation and claimed by January 1 of the year following graduation
- Recipients may use the scholarship at any junior or senior college or university—private, public, or technical. Recipients may major in any field
Student Application Evaluation Criteria....Applications will be evaluated equally on the following 5 merit areas
- Ellis County Youth Expo participation
- FFA and/or 4-H participation
- School and community participation
- Essay on future plans
• Student must maintain a GPA of 2.5.
• It is the scholarship recipient’s responsibility to provide the items listed above at the beginning of each semester to receive funding.
• The Ellis County Youth Expo will not issue a check in the name of the student.
• The Ellis County Youth Expo will only mail and issue checks to the University’s Billing Office.
• The Ellis County Youth Expo will only mail and issue a check one time per semester.
• The Ellis County Youth Expo will not issue a check for more than the amount of your Billing Statement.
• All scholarship funds must be requested BEFORE the 2nd Fall semester following the recipients graduation.
• All scholarship funds, which are not requested and depleted, will be forfeited. All forfeited funds shall be paid into the general scholarship fund.